Saturday, November 12, 2011

Hello friends,

I realised the other night I hadn't posted in a long time, so this is just another update on my life and why I havn't been on here in a while.

Recently, I've been swamped up with work and school. I'm only in my first week into the job (which thankfully involves music), but I'm working 30 hours a week aswell as 20 hours of class a week excluding study hours. Some people love this kind of fast-paced lifestyle, but this isn't working for me on a number of reasons. First, my alone time is a priority in my life and being around people for most of my day drains me out and makes me more snappy around them. Secondly, I'd rather work than go class, so I havn't been going to school (which could mean I could fail my whole semester if I keep doing that). Thirdly and lastly, I'm just generally tired. My body isn't used to being on the go constantly, so when I don't have work or school, I just want to sleep. And when I sleep, I wake up every now and then thinking about random bands and organising their CDs in alphabetical order!

On the other hand, I'm blessed for a number of reasons too. The job I have isn't back-breaking - in fact, it's really enjoyable and I'm doing something I love. My manager and co-workers are super lovely too, and they are flexible with when I can work and when I can't. School is finishing in a few weeks time too, so I'm very excited for holidays to begin. I've decided I'm going to work all holidays and take days off for all the exciting concerts and festivals happening this summer, which brings me to my next point...Bon Iver is playing in Wellington in February! Oh, I am so happy they are coming :) If there were a few bands I wanted to see before I died, they would be one of them. I can't wait. Most of all, everything that has been happening is stretching me as a person. I've found that it's how I handle the small things which test my real morals and attitudes in life.

Also, last week, I had the wonderful opportunity to share my personal testimony to a church. Even though I was nervous, I was encouraged and strengthened by the Holy Spirit, and I think it went well. Thankfully, the people were very receptive and gave me great feedback afterwards. I'm speaking to another church next month. I'm really just humbled by the doors God is opening for me. I'm hoping that my testimony can help or encourage someone going through the same situation as me.

Anyway, this is what is happening in my life for the most part, aside from all the usual boy and family troubles. Even though it's been stressful and fast-paced, like that song I-don't-know-the-name-of says, 'Isn't it good to be alive?' Here's a picture I took yesterday morning when I woke up and looked outside my window. I had never seen the sky so blue and the clouds so orange. It was beautiful. No doubt, my Papa was reminding me of how much He loved me and how constant and faithful He is. Things like this assure me I really do stand on sufficient grace.

Currently listening to: Sara Barielles - Winter Song (Ft. Ingrid Michaelson)

No comments:

Post a Comment