Thursday, October 10, 2013

Distance makes the heart grow fonder.

I am currently packing my suitcase to go to Auckland for my 21st birthday celebration tomorrow night. I don't know why, but I feel like crying a little bit right now because I know that I will have to pack my bags again on Sunday night to go back to Wellington for work. It makes me sad that I can only spend a few days seeing the people that I love the most in the world. Living here has made me realize how great a people my friends and family are and how much they mean to me. I cherish them so much and my fondness of them grows constantly despite the hundreds of miles between us. Even here, I feel their love for me all the time and I can't be more grateful for that. It's going to be a wonderful, happy reunion when I see all of my friends and family, but also a sad one. I'm trying not to focus on the leaving part... just to see their faces for a short while is better than nothing. Auckland, here I come!


Listen to: Team - Lorde

3 comments:

  1. The excitement of leaving is always tainted with the knowledge of the return.. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too right... remember when we were so excited to be in Wellington in the beginning of the year? I guess we're home girls at heart :)

      Delete