Tuesday, January 27, 2009

True Beauty

"Your real beauty is a work of art - hand carved by God himself.
You have been given beautiful lips to speak words of life,
beautiful eyes to see him in everything,
beautiful hands to help those in need,
and a beautiful face to reflect Gods love to the world.
I know you don't see yourself the way he does because you compare yourself to models and actresses and such people that will soon be forgotten. But he will totally work wonders that will radiate true beauty from within. And when his work is complete, your character will show off his craftsmanship, and your beauty marks will be remembered by all that were loved by you."

I've been encouraged by this passage, I know my spiritual soulmate might be encouraged by this, and so will a lot of other girls. It's written by a chick on from myspace. And I don't know her but her blogs really do rock.

At Parachute it really hit me that a lot of girls do struggle with beauty (I do too), inside and out. We're so caught up with materialsim, boys, what's beautiful by the world's standards, how to stand out from the crowd etc. There's just a lot of different forces that pressure girls to cheapen beauty and let appearance capture attention and not your heart and spirit. Don't get me wrong, it's okay to want to look good, but there will be times when sometimes that's just not enough and the world trashes your efforts. That's when we need to gaze at God all the more and not mirrors. That's when we need to realise that beauty is not found in mirrors, it's found in God and God alone, because He made you and I with such great love and passion. That's when we need to realise God has only one plan for your flesh- to destroy it. That's when your beautiful soul and spirit needs to be valued by yourself before others can truly do the same.
There's an amazing verse in 1 Peter 3:3-4:

“Do not let your adornment be merely outward-arranging the hair, wearing gold, or putting on fine apparel, rather let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the incorruptible beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is very precious in the sight of God.”

Our spirit is so precious to God, and while that may not seem much to you right now, pray. Ask me to pray for you and I will. I think if every girl recognized her true beauty, it would be such a powerful thing.
In a rush so I was quick
but holla if you want to talk about it more.

2 comments:

  1. hi there :)
    you don't know me but that's okay, i was just flicking by and this post caught me. i just wanted to say that you're very right, i saw this at parachute this year too actually, it's something that so many of us struggle with. i like your insight, esp what you said about beauty being found in God, not in mirrors. thankyou for posting this! x.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you so much..you're so welcome. :)

    ReplyDelete