Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Let Your name be lifted higher

I've been pretty down lately, and I've been feeling uninspired. I would say I'm like a buoy being tossed around at sea, unanchored, unphased. Day and night are undistinguishable.

I talked to a beautiful friend of mine last night, and it gave me something to think about.
I realised that no matter where you are in life, no matter how much crap you have been through in the past and in the present, no matter how stuffed up you think you are...there is always this wonderful, dangerous thing called hope. I get this tingle inside of me when I think of this word because it is a strange concept.

It means, to me, believing that there is something worth holding on to, worth fighting for, worth living for when you are in the deepest darkest pits of your life.
It means trusting in God and his promises and plans for your life even when throw up your hands in desperation and think, 'What's the point in even trying?'
It means believing and seeing the good, the pure, the beautiful in life when you are surrounded by the darkness around you.
It means being thankful for the good things in your life, even when you are spiritually short-sighted because of all the bad stuff that has happened or is happening in your life.
It means knowing that your life is in God's hands and that everything will be okay, because it will be okay. This is so important, especially when bad news just keeps coming in hard and fast out of nowhere.
It means taking the hard road of life, even when you are justified to turn to things like drugs, alcohol, sex and hate. If you've been screwed up because of your past or maybe your thoughts, it is understandable that you do that. But it's still the easy way out. Hope is knowing that there will be a reward for your long suffering. There is a prize at the end of the hard road. There is a light.

Hope.

So often I forget that it isn't about me, so often I forget that I am in God's hands, so often I forget that He loves me, in the deepest way love can be. Giving it all to God, I feel like I'm ready to start new again. Not with my life in my hands, but my life is His.

No comments:

Post a Comment