Sunday, May 2, 2010

Hey unloving, I will love you

Tonite something small and unintentional triggered this feeling of unworthiness and ugliness inside of me. I know I shouldn't have felt that way, but I thought to myself- 'If this is what people think is beautiful, where does that leave me?' I know I stress about this issue way to much, but I have this fiery passion for all things women, and my role as a woman. I prayed about it, and told God how I was feeling, not really expecting anything. I do think that when you are feeling self-concious and unworthy, you tell God, because he cares, in the very deepest way someone can care. And he does because I stumbled upon a few passages tonite that really struck the feeling of inadequacy in me, and I want to share one here:

TRUE BEAUTY

'Your beauty should not be something external, such as hairstyles and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. Rather, it is something internal that can’t be destroyed, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which God considers very precious. Peter 3:3-4

Physical beauty can be hazardous to one's emotional health. As every 'beautiful' woman knows, she can be treated as simply an aesthetic, sexual object, and that is so belittling. Indeed it's an insult to her personhood.

In a book of quotes I found this: 'There is only one kind of beauty that can transcend time, and many women possess it. It is, of course, beauty of the spirit that lights the eyes and transforms even a plain woman into a beautiful one. Women with wit, charm, and warmth, wh
o are interested in others and forget themselves, and who accept each stage of life gracefully, are the lasting beauties of this world - and the happiest.'
Beauty, says our text, is a matter more of inner transformation than outward attraction. The greatest beautifier is a contented heart and a gentle and quiet spirit.

Let the beauty of Jesus be seen in me - all his wondrous compassion and purity. O Spirit divine, all my nature refine, until I become more and more like
him. Amen.'

I also read somewhere that beautiful is only in the eye of the beholder. A girl who is considered beautiful, stunning, gorgeous in Hollywood could be considered as not attractive in Africa. But what binds women around the world together is this: the beauty of the spirit. Looks will fade, both rich and cheap clothes can unravel with a single thread and it is all useless in the end. Focus on who you are as a soul, because what good is a clean and pretty looking cup that is dirty on the inside?
It's going to be a life long lesson, a daily struggle perhaps, the fight for the acceptance of yourself and of others. However, I truly think, along with many other women, that if each women knew that they are beautiful and unleash that onto the world, it will be a very dangerous and powerful thing.

And just another cool thought...I read in a book that Lucifer (Satan) was considered the most beautiful angel when he was in Heaven. However, because of his pride, he was thrown down from Heaven onto earth. Now he roams the earth, devouring people like a lion, but he especially hates women. Whys that? Because every woman has an essence of beauty in her, given to her since her creation, and he is jealous of that. The only reason you feel ugly and unworthy sometimes is because he knows you're beautiful and wants you to doubt that. Never, ever let him get a foothold! Never mind what people see as beautiful and hot- you are a gracious princess of God and he is so proud of each one of his daughters. Someday, one day, you will feel how you deserve to feel- valued, cherised and gorgeous, by a man God has in mind for you maybe, but ultimately by God.
You are targeted by Satan because you are beautiful.
Keep that in mind :)

No comments:

Post a Comment