Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Light

I never realised until today just how incredibly beautiful, pure and good light is.
It shines on the evil, the hatred and the unclean things of this world even though we are underserving.

It cleanses, it convicts and it opens our eyes to all things lovely around us.

Aside from that fact that we need it to see the things around us and live, it is refreashing from the dark things of this world today.
Today a profound moment in the light made me realise the selfish sinner that I am, how much goodness is in light and how much I desperately need it.


It's funny how light surrounds us most of the time, but we are blind to it.
Just like its name, in the light you feel light, free and without burdan.
Light holds blessing and beauty.

Just like God.

God is light, and we are called to be the light of the world, too.

2 comments:

  1. Amen to that sister. How amazingly, mind-blowingly cool that God made US to reflect HIS glory!!!!!! To be His pillars on earth. ARGH!!! But it makes me feel so far from who I know I am at the core of me.

    Jen, you should read "Waking the Dead" by John Eldredge.
    Also, I think it's about time you told me where you find all these rad images!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HARDOUT Nade- I can't believe how much love he ours out to us even though we are far from perfect. Love it!

    I will do so :)
    AAAAAND if I told you I'd have to kill you.
    But seriously, I just get them from deviantart.com, various tumblrs and ffffound.com! Love your first post on your blog too- you are amazingly talented and beauty radiates everywhere u go. Love u sis x

    ReplyDelete