Thursday, June 10, 2010

So I just finished reading The Shack by WM. Paul Young. First of all, it's amazing. Second of all, you should read it.
This book is about a man who lost his daughter to a serial killer, and finds a note inviting him to the shack- where his daughter was murdered. There he encounters God, and the weekend is him learning to forgive, love and learn more about the one who loves him most.
I swore this would never happen, but I can feel the walls around my heart falling again. And it's a wonderful feeling.

A few quotes I personally like:

Faith never knows where it is being led. But it knows and loves the one who is leading.
Oswald Chambers

The world is full of tears, but if you remember I promised it would be Me who would wipe them from your eyes.
God

Because you are important, everything you do is important. Everytime you forgive, the universe changes; everytime you reach out and touch a heart or a life, the world changes. With every kindness or service, seen or unseen, my purposes are accomplished and nothing will ever be the same again.
God

No comments:

Post a Comment