Sunday, February 5, 2012

One second in this world without You and I am torn apart.

This is nothing new. It is always the same old cycle with me - I run away from God to the world and back again, and again, and again. What I have with Him is not enough it seems. I must also have the world. I've been trying to juggle the two silmultaneously since I was 14 and it has torn me apart, yet I still keep doing it. I don't know why anymore. I am so fed up with this double life I'm living. When I go to church or sing praises, all I feel is hypocrisy and fakeness in my heart because I know outside of church I am a completely different person. It's as if I have different masks I wear for different areas of my life - work, course, church, with different friends...I need to give it up, but I don't know where to begin. It feels like I have tried everything possible. I feel like I have given all my energy into being fully consecrated to God yet I am getting nowhere.

Last night I went out, drunk and embarrassed and degraded myself completely. Although it seems fun at the time, afterward I always feel defeated. On top of that, someone had smashed my car window and stole my SLR camera. Cleaning my car this morning, seeing all the shattered glass and alcohol bottles from all the nights out with my friends left me feeling disgusted - with my life and with myself. Oh God, let this be enough to make me change. This world is trying to break me and crush me and tell me I need more and my strength is ever weakening. Come, Lord. I need you!

Currently listening to: Bon Iver - Holocene

No comments:

Post a Comment