Tuesday, January 31, 2012

16 never-mentioned-before facts about me.

1. The band that has most impacted my life like no other is Underoath. When I was going through a hard time with depression, their album 'Define The Great Line' gave me hope and light in my darkness. When I felt like I could turn to no one and nothing else, I turned to that album. Even though I don't like Underoath's new music, they are and always will be a big part of my life.

2. Funny fact: When I was younger, for some reason I was quite hairy. I had bad facial hair especially. People used to call me 'moustache lady' and I also had a nice monobrow going on. Even though I hated it, looking back now I find it very amusing.

3. The first band I ever saw live was Fall Out Boy, 5 years ago in 2007.

4. I can't eat a lot of seafood as it's bad for my skin (as I have ezcema). What makes it hard is that seafood is a favourite of mine, so I eat way too much of it anyway.

5. On the subject of ezcema, I've had it since I was a child. The doctors said that it would go away as I got older, but it's gotten worse instead. I've done tests but still don't know why I have it or why it continues to get worse. This is the reason I always, always wear stockings, no matter how hot it is or weird it looks - I'm insecure about my skin.

6. My mum is the co-owner and sometimes chef of a Vietnamese resturaunt called 'Halong Vietnamese Resturaunt', and my dad is a tiler and painter.

7. I'm Chinese and Vietnamese but was born in South Korea and raised in New Zealand. I hope to live somewhere else when I'm older, like New York for the fast-paced city lifestyle or somewhere in France for the quaintness.

8. Aside from the fear of losing someone I love, I have a huge fear of bees and wasps. I will either run, cry or panic if I see one close by.

9. I have two very small tattoos: one of an anchor on my ring finger of my right hand representing hope as the anchor for my soul, and one of an upside down cross on the back of my neck (no, it is not the sign of the anti-Christ, obviously). I got it because I liked the symbolism that it has in Catholic tradition (St. Peter's cross). I do want more, but they are a luxury.

10. I'm a jealous person. (It took me only til recently to realise this).

11. When I was little, I was quite a tomboy. I had no sisters or female relatives my age to play with, so I hung around with boys a lot (which explains why I prefer hanging out with them now). I used to climb trees, ride my bike and rollerblade everywhere, catch locusts and force them to swim in a bucket full of water and play with binoculars and water pistols. I was also cheeky, and I remember taking out all the letters out of my neighborhood's letter boxes and swapping them.

12. The best presents I've receieved are ones that people have made for me. Paintings, scrapbooks, cards etc - they are the most cherished.

13. My dream car is a Jeep wrangler.

14. When I was in primary school, I wanted to be an archaeologist because I was fascinated with dinosaurs. I also wanted to be an astronomer as I loved learning about outer space. As I grew older, it changed to wanting to become a writer and illustrator, to a PR type person for a music company, a photo-journalist and now to be an ambassader for an aid organisation like World Vision or Tear Fund. Working at Come&Live! would also rule.

15. I have to have a shower everyday.

16. My huge celebrity crushes have ranged from Hayden Christensen from Star Wars, Spencer Chamberlain from Underoath and Julian Casablancas and Nick Valensi from The Strokes. Right now, I have a crush on Hodgy Beats from OFWGKTA (photo below).

No comments:

Post a Comment