Thursday, July 4, 2013

Beauty is...

"Beauty is a combination of a million different things. I think it's the colors of the sky when the sun rises and sets. It's different shapes of clouds and different shades of blue. Beauty is a beach on a sunny day and on a stormy day. Beauty is the autumn leaves falling or sitting under a tree on a hot day. Beauty is friendship and feeling like you matter to someone and that they care about you. Beauty is a smile and a laugh and a moment that you share with someone that you love. I think beauty is any girl on a day that she feels comfortable in her own skin. I think beauty is someone lost in a dance or singing a beautiful song or reading poetry or playing an instrument well. And I also feel like it's not easy to describe and I haven't done half of it."

My best friend said this in an interview I did with her tonight. The question was, 'What do you define as beautiful?' And I love this answer that she gave and even hearing her say it brought me to tears.

Beauty is all these things and more indeed.




Currently listening to: Led Zeppelin - How Many More Times

No comments:

Post a Comment