Thursday, February 18, 2010

Lying in bed today, something pushed me over the edge and things started hitting me hard from everywhere.

The usual lies Satan used on everybody was used on me: 'You're not worth it. Look at yourself, how did you end up in this mess? The world treats you how you deserved to be treated. You're ugly. This life is too hard for you to carry on. You don't have what it takes. You have no one's attention.'

I was heartbroken. But in that depth of sadness, I chose to think of Jesus.
Nothing more, nothing less.
I just sat there and bathed in his presence.
And from that presence, I heard a gentle whisper say,

'Child, I love you.'

And I want to share that with you today,
that whatever lies are being whispered to you,
whatever past hurts are stopping you from shining,
God strongly,
deeply,
heart-breakingly
loves you.

Nothing more, nothing less.

No comments:

Post a Comment