Saturday, March 27, 2010

Hey Unfaithful, Hey Graceful, Hey Unloving

Last night I felt the need to go out and think about stuff and get back on track with God.
I drove to a lookout in Manukau with my digi camera and I just sat there looking at the lights and reflected.

This year has been a hard year so far...bad news just keeps coming so fast. There have been so many deaths I know of that it makes me dizzy just to think about them. This world just wants to shake me and break me. Beauty is becoming so overrated, so shallow. I saw on the news last night that Victoria Secrets launched half a bikini to promote its new swimwear. The model wearing it had only a bikini bottom, and her breasts were covered by her hair. I love fashion, but I think that is just sad. If 'swimwear fashion' keeps going at the rate it is now, in a good years time we'll all be walking around naked with nothing but trendy cellotape stuck on our private bits. Haha lets hope not.

It's getting harder and harder to follow the narrow path that leads to life, and much more easier and appealing to follow the wide and easy road, the road that many take, but lead to hell. And I don't know about you, but the word love has lost all its meaning today. There is so much bad in the world that I feel like no good can conquer it. I know that this world is temporary, but the path ahead just seems so long and hard.

But amongst all this madness, this hurricane, stands the only person who is, and can be, the same yesterday, today and tomorrow. The never-changing anchor that is Jesus. He stands in the light beckoning each and every one of us to take off our heavy burdans, our pains, our problems, our tears, our hurts, our anguish, our self-loathing, our feelings of inadequacies, our insominia, our selfishness, our need to fit in with the world, our weariness...and just come as we are and rest in Him.

He is the only one we need to be accountable to, He is the only one we need to please. He needs to be the only one we live for, and die for, and cry for and shout in joy for. No one else, nothing else. In the end, it's between you and Him, not the world and you.

I want to encourage you. Take off your facade and know that you are not alone, but that you can face this harsh but world with the strength, grace, love and everything in between from Jesus and Jesus alone. He is enough. He can be your everything, if only you just trust Him.

"My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from Him. He alone is my fortress, I will never be shaken." Psalm 62:1-2

These are some of the photos I took while I was at the lookout. Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment