Tuesday, August 10, 2010

'The reason why we fear to step out is because we know that it might not go well. We have a history of wounds screaming at us to play it safe. We feel so deeply that if it doesn't go well, if we are not received well, their reaction becomes the verdict on our lives...That is why we can only risk stepping out when we are resting in the love of God. When we have receieved his verdict on our lives- that we are chosen, dearly loved and captivating...then we are free to offer. We are to follow Jesus' steps of entrusting oneself to God, regardless of the response.

21To this you were called, because Christ suffered for you, leaving you an example, that you should follow in his steps. 22He committed no sin, and no deceit was found in his mouth. 23When they hurled their insults at him, he did not retaliate; when he suffered, he made no threats. Instead, he entrusted himself to him who judges justly.'
1 Peter 2:21-23

Captivating by John and Stasi Eldredge

Currently listening to: Damien Rice - Cold Water

2 comments:

  1. i love that. "we are to follow Jesus' steps of entrusting oneself to God, regardless of the response." i wish i could train myself to think like that always.

    my friend, download this song:
    "forgiven and loved (acoustic version)" - jimmy needham

    jen tell me more about your thoughts for next year. i'm curious and want to pray for you about it all.

    love u sister <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. hardout.

    I could only find the normal version, but the song lyrics are amazing. thank you :)

    next year I plan to take a gap year and do a photography course part-time. I want to move out of home and I have already applied for jobs and a student allowance, so I've been praying for things to fall into place according to God's will. If you could pray for me that would be amazing Sinead!
    what's on your agenda?

    love you heaps my friend :) <3

    ReplyDelete