Sunday, August 1, 2010

This morning, I feel proud of myself. Mostly because these past few weeks I have been surrounded by temptation to drink with my friends but because of God I have been able to say no and finally respect myself and this incredible life He has given me. It feels good not waking up with a hangover, regrets and alcohol still in my system!

This morning, I am thankful for the friends my God has given me in my life. I'm sure He doesn't give us the friends we want in life, but the friends we need- to make us, break us and mould us into the people we were meant to be. I'm lucky to have friends who make me feel loved and who give me support when I need it.

This morning, I don't have a man in my life, but I have God and He is all I need.

This morning, I woke up warm, sheltered from the rain, breathing and satisfied knowing that I have food waiting for me downstairs. I am more privileged in this aspect than millions of people who woke up this morning cold, with no roof over their heads, struggling to breath and hungry.

It has been a good morning! I am so thankful for this life.

Currently listening to: Confide - This I Believe

No comments:

Post a Comment