Friday, February 22, 2013

An update.

After months and months of being in Auckland trying to find an apartment in Wellington, I spontaneously decided to go down instead with no money, no apartment, and the possibility of homelessness. I stayed with a friend of mine, and after one day I finally found an apartment! It is great because it is in the center of Wellington and it is quite cheap for what it is. My flatmates - two Brazilian guys - are really chilled out and clean, the latter of which I especially love. I think me finally getting an apartment is a blessing. I was so worried about money and if I couldn't afford one... bur when I prayed desperately God answered. My mum was so generous and helped me pay the bond, and the other night I got holiday pay from my old job which was a lot of money. I am so grateful. God is truly Jehovah Jireh. Now, time to save and start being careful with my money - one thing I am terrible at!

For some reason, being in a different city for University doesn't seem all that a big of deal to me. I love this city, and whenever I came down to visit in the past it was exciting, fun and adventurous. Now, it's kind of boring... dare I say. Maybe it's because I have to be more careful with my money, I don't have a lot of friends here and I am living here, not visiting. Also, because an old creep was following me for 45 minutes the other day and I had to tell security. 4th day here and that had to happen to me! I can't wait for University though, but I am also dreading it, hearing my friends talk about how hard it was for them in the beginning. I think I am just excited for something to do in this little town.

I think one thing I have learned about myself already is that sometimes, I can be too hard on myself. When I do little things that bother people or make them dislike me a bit - like when I spill milk, when I leave my alarm on for too long, when I don't understand instructions - I get quite depressed about it and need to cry. Especially if that person tells me off. I think it is an unbearable feeling to me - to be a burdan to someone - and I shut down when this happens. I can remember numerous instances where this has happened. I need to remind myself that it is okay and it is not the end of the world. That things like that happen to everyone. That I am not a burdan but a delight. That it doesn't matter what people think of me. That I am human. That we are human... it's a hard thing to remember sometimes.

Also, this:


Currently listening to: Bon Iver - Lump Sum

3 comments:

  1. OMG You're in Welly for Uni??? Ditto! :D Would be be totally creepy if I were to meet you in person sometime this year...?? (asked the trustworthy internet person). LOL
    MAN you took such a leap of faith there - something I wouldn't do, no naturally, I admire you!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow really! That is so great :D I would loooove to Laura, hahah you've been nothing but encouraging and uplifting to me and I trust you :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm truly enjoying the design and layout of your site. It's a verу easy on thе
    eyеs ωhiсh makеs it much more enjoуablе for me tο come
    herе and visіt moгe often.
    Did you hire out a desіgner to create your thеme?
    Fаntaѕtic work!

    Мy web ρаge Tens Pain Relief

    ReplyDelete