Friday, February 8, 2013

"And though I found my harbor, I set sail again, because that’s what ships were meant to do."

They take pictures of mountain climbers at the top of a mountain. They’re smiling, ecstatic, triumphant. They don’t take pictures along the way cause who wants to remember the rest of it? We push ourselves because we have to, not because we like it. The relentless climb, the pain and anguish of taking it to the next level. Nobody takes pictures of that. Nobody wants to remember. We just wanna remember the view from the top. The breathtaking moment at the edge of the world. That’s what keeps us climbing. And it’s worth the pain. That’s the crazy part. It’s worth anything.
Grey’s Anatomy

You just do it. You force yourself to get up. You force yourself to put one foot before the other, and god damn it, you refuse to let it get to you. You fight. You cry. You curse. Then you go about the business of living. That’s how I’ve done it. There’s no other way.

Elizabeth Taylor

Rejoicing in ordinary things is not sentimental or trite. It actually takes guts. Each time we drop our complaints and allow everyday good fortune to inspire us, we enter the warrior’s world.

Pema Chödröna

Close some doors. Not because of pride, incapacity or arrogance, but simply because they no longer lead somewhere.
Paulo Coehlo
There is some things success is not.
It’s not fame, it’s not money or power.
Success is waking up in the morning so excited
about what you have to do that you literally fly out the door,
it’s getting to work with people you love.
Success is connecting with the world and making people feel,
it’s finding a way to bind together people
who have nothing in common but a dream.
It’s falling asleep at night knowing you did the best job you could.
Success is joy and freedom and friendship, and success is love.
  Unknown

Some beautiful and encouraging quotes from the newly discovered tumblr http://onherway.tumblr.com.

At this moment in my life, I am angry. I realize that the way I have been treated, like I was disposable and replaceable, is simply not acceptable. I realize that if someone in my life is bringing me down, saying negative things to me or constantly letting me down all the time, they are not worth keeping. I think everyone's time and efforts are precious and should be used wisely, so why waste it on people who only seek to destroy it? Life is much too beautiful and short to let straight up douchebags ruin it!

No comments:

Post a Comment