Monday, October 12, 2009

Amen.

It sucks when you seem to think love has remembered everyone else but you.
It also sucks when you turn down every guy because he doesn't 'meet your standards.'
I'm a victim of the two, so distressed, I talked to a good friend of mine about this, and he asked me a question that really got me thinking : Do I meet MY standards?
So often, girls like me get caught up in finding the perfect, wholesome guy, when we ourselves are not so perfect and wholesome ourselves. How do we expect to get an amazing guy if we cuss, backstabb people and rage at everyone? Can we really expect to find a great, polite, charming, funny, romantic, guy when we aren't willing to live up to the standards we ourselves put on guys?
My friend summed this point up perfectly when he said:

"To get a top quality guy you've got to be a top quality lady."

To me, that means being the best I can possibly be towards everyone..not for the sake of getting a good boyfriend, but because that is happiness in itself, and the best way to enjoy life I think. As a bonus, a guy will come along who will match up to the high standard I put on myself and that would be alrite with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment