Friday, October 2, 2009

An Attitude of Gratitude


'Dear Heavenly Father,

Even though I clutch my blanketand growl when the alarm goes off, thanks You Lord that I can hear; there are many who are deaf.
Even though I close my eyes as long as possible against the morning light, thank You lord that I can see; there are many who are blind.
Even though I put off the effort to rise, thank You Lord that I have the strength to get up; there are many who are bedridden.
Even though the first hour of my day is hectic when socks are lost, toast is burned and tempers are short, thank You Lord for my family; there are many who are all alone.
Even though our breakfast tables never looks like the pictures in the magazines and the menu at times is unbalanced, thank You Lord for the food we have; there are many who are hungry.
Even though my job is sometimes monotonous, thank You for the opportunity to work; there are many who are unemployed.
Even though I complain from time to time and wish my circumstances were different, thank You for the gift of life; there are people in the graveyard who would gladly switch places with me.
Even though I make mistakes, stumble and fall, thank You for the grace to get up again; there are many who didn't make it.
Thank You Lord for all these blessings- and 101 others that I have taken for granted.

Amen.'

Word for Today

No comments:

Post a Comment