Sunday, October 18, 2009

Sin


"Only the Lord forgets sin.
Only God can take it and send it as far away as the east is form the west.

Man remembers.
Man recounts.
Man condemns.

I know that that will remember my sins, Lord, but when they look upon my life, let them see what you did for an unworthy woman.
Let them see the hope born from despair.
If they must recount my sins, let them count your blessings more so. You protected me and you raised me up.
Let my name be unspoken, Lord, for what am I that anyone should remember me?
But oh Lord, if they do remember me let them open their mouths and sing of your great mercy towards me.
Let them see your infinite grace and boundless love.
And... let them be encouraged."

Bathsheba, A Lineage of Grace by Francine Rivers

No comments:

Post a Comment