Friday, August 19, 2011

Like the sea.

The last thing I wanted to do today was go to course. I had no sleep and wanted to stay in bed and mindlessly surf the net but reluctantly I did. It was really one of the most significant things that has happened to me in a long time, praise God!

I was in my small group and I was talking about my MTC testimony I had to do in front of a church next Sunday. I suddenly felt deeply emotional while talking and I noticed that people had empathy for me. Afterwards, a woman named Grace told me that while she was praying for me she felt God saying 'be patient, I'll do it for you.' There are two things in my life right now I was not giving full trust to God, and it was a blessing that I had confirmation!
Another lady, Tara, came up to me and said 'there's this overwhelming love for you from God' and she told me she loved me too, even though I have only met her this month. Whatever I needed to talk about, I would only turn around and she'd be there.
On the drive back I was so joyful and astounded for His love for me. It was what I needed. I can't explain how content I am in this very moment, and I pray and hope I will be reminded of it everyday. The sun shone down on my face and warmed my heart.

I would like to remind you. Whatever your name is, whatever your weight, height, age, sex, occupation or no matter how screwed up you think you and your past are, no matter how many times you have been told you're useless and felt alone in the world, God loves you deeply and overwhelmingly. He knows you inside and out, and even before you were born He had a wonderful plan for your life, more wonderful than your wildest plans. He has your name written on His hand will take care of you when you're old and grey. I believe this with all of my heart and I encourage you, particularly those who don't know God, that there is hope and that there is someone who will never fail you or leave you. You can be truly free if only you choose to believe and accept Him into your life. No one is going to judge you. If you would like a relationship with God, don't be afraid to talk to me. I'm the most boring person ever! I'm keen to chat about my faith and to talk about your life too.

I will leave you with a quote. Breathe it in:

'Know that nothing can seperate His love for you. The past, the present, the future sins - he knows it all and yet His love and grace is so deep that if we sank in it we would never reach the bottom."

No comments:

Post a Comment