Sunday, September 11, 2011

Do you really love me?

You say you love me, but I know you do not because your love is very conditional.

If I were to betray you, your love for me would cease.
If I were to push you away, your love for me would cease.
If I am moody towards you, your love for me would cease.
If I do not do what you ask me to do, your love for me would cease.
If I didn't listen to what you have to say, your love for me would cease.
If I punch you and hit you and kick you, your love for me would cease.
I know if I were sad and told you to come over and cheer me up, you would not. If I was stuck in the middle of the desert and I called you, you would not help me.

Your 'love' is greatest for me when it is convenient for you. So don't you say you love me. You don't. You love the idea of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment