Tuesday, March 19, 2013

A girl crush.

Can I just profess my love for Drew Barrymore for a while? I usually don't do this, but she blows my mind with her beauty, grace and happiness. Ever since I was little, she has been my favorite actress because I loved that she wasn't ashamed to be silly and vulnerable. What makes her more appealing to me is that she had an incredibly rough childhood, and to see her blossom into this inspiring woman encourages me deeply. Just reading her pearls of wisdom instantly makes me want to be a better person, and also to be happier. I can relate in some ways to her life, and I feel a fresh breeze of motivation for life coming on. Sounds so silly because she is a mega celebrity and I am talking about her like I know her! I don't have many people I can look up to, but hands down she is one of them. Just wanted to share some quotes of hers... I hope it will lift you up as much as it lifted me.

“I think happiness is what makes you pretty. Period. Happy people are beautiful. They become like a mirror and they reflect that happiness.”  

“If you don't take risks, you'll have a wasted soul.” 

“In the end, some of your greatest pains become your greatest strengths.”  

“There's something liberating about not pretending. Dare to embarrass yourself. Risk.” 

“When I lay my head on the pillow at night, I can say I was a decent person today. That's when I feel beautiful.”  

“I am fundamentally happy. Everyone has experiences that makes them cynical, jaded or unhappy - you just have to fight those things off. I have totally emotional days when I cry and get insecure. PMS weirded out, doomed and tragic. I mean, I'm definitely not just a lollipop, happy in the wind girl. I'm human just like everyone else, but I think that it would be tragic to be on your deathbed and think, 'I could've I should've.' That gets me out of bed everyday. I can't even last like an hour in bed in the morning. I have to get out there and live.” 

“God made a very obvious choice when he made me voluptuous; why would I go against what he decided for me? My limbs work, so I'm not going to complain about the way my body is shaped.”

"I love romance. I'm a sucker for it. I love it so much. It's pathetic."

"There's a tremendous difference between alone and lonely. You could be lonely in a group of people. I like being alone. I like eating by myself. I go home at night and just watch a movie or hang out with my dog. I have to exert myself and really say, oh God, I've got to see my friends 'cause I'm too content being by myself."


"I've always said that one night, I'm going to find myself in some field somewhere, I'm standing on grass, and it's raining, and I'm with the person I love, and I know I'm at the very point I've been dreaming of getting to."

"I pray to be like the ocean, with soft currents, maybe waves at times. More and more, I want the consistency rather than the highs and the lows."

"You can't live your life blaming your failures on your parents and what they did or didn't do for you. You're dealt the cards that you're dealt. I realized it was a waste of time to be angry at my parents and feel sorry for myself."


"I never want to get to the point where it's all about my needs, and the hell with anybody else."

No comments:

Post a Comment