Thursday, March 21, 2013

Ramblings.

I never get homesick. Ever. Whenever I am away from home, I always cherish it and never want to go back. But lately, I have been missing home a lot. I thought it was going to be great to move out and get away from Auckland... but as I was looking through my photo album tonight, I got a pang of sadness. I miss my gorgeous little sister & best friend Sarah, I miss my beautiful friend Anja, I miss my mum, I miss my bed and my room. I miss natural light streaming into it and I miss the space. Here, I am living in a 2x2 with no sun, even when it's a sunny day.

I hate to complain, but I'm surprised how hard it is for me living in Wellington. I haven't made any good friends here, and with all the bad memories tainted everywhere, I just want to move away again. I thought it was going to be a lot of fun, but the people here don't seem so friendly anymore, and already I feel that people gossip about me. My sleeping pattern has gotten worse, and I haven't turned up to Uni for a week now, and even didn't hand in my last two assignments even though I did them. Also, I don't know how to pay rent tomorrow morning, whiiich is in about 4 hours.

Stressed, confused, homesick, broke and missing people. But also, happy that I have been blessed with such a rich and wonderful life. Thank you Lord for shelter, food and education despite these minute problems.

Alsooo, watched Black Swan tonight, and I must say that it wasn't as bad as people made it out to be. It wasn't too disturbing (I have seen worse) and the symbolism was quite obvious throughout. Natalie Portman's acting was incredibly impressive, so I would recommend it to people on the basis of that! I watched The Intouchables too, and I enjoyed it. Very heartwarming.

Okay, that's all I wanted to say :)

2 comments:

  1. I totally am with you in the homesickness. I made the choice to move down here cos I sooooo badly wanted to get away from my life and problems up in Aucks.
    I miss so much. I miss my parents and I can't WAIT to see them during the Easter break.
    I romanticised living in a new city - nek minit, reality.

    I guess all we can do is keep on keeping on.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Laura, I'm glad we can relate! I know how you feel. You keep being the strong, amazing woman you are, we're in this together sister :) xox

    ReplyDelete