Thursday, June 9, 2011

Why want for more?

I took a bush walk this afternoon after I had lunch with a friend. I have been going there often lately to get my mind off things, and I am always surprised when I realise that this glorious forest is in the middle of a busy suburb and city. I walk up and up, breathing in the trees, taking in the greens and browns and listening to nearby brooks and waterfalls and birds.

I have everything. Sometimes I have to kick myself because I am so, so blessed, and know that you are too. The fact that we are breathing this very moment is alone enough to prove that. I am wealthy. Maybe not in society's eyes, but considering more than 80% of the human race lives on 10$ a day, I really am. I may have a broken and painful past, but I still have my family. I have a mum and dad who will provide for me, even though we have had our dark moments. I have great and beautiful friends. I have a God who is my everything and I have that security that he will never leave my side forever more. What good is it for me to want for more? Is it really necessary?

I apologise for making so many posts about how blessed I am, we are. I guess it will never really sink into me for good. It is far too complex to think about.

To be content with what you have and who is around you makes all the difference in the world.

Currently listening to: Sleeping At Last - Naive

No comments:

Post a Comment