Friday, April 1, 2011

Write 30 interesting facts about yourself.

1. I am Chinese/Vietnamese and was born in Pusan, South Korea in a refugee camp.

2. My name meanings mean a lot to me. My mum gave me a Chinese name 'Chum Heung' which means 'Finding Home' when translated to English. She named me this when she was in the refugee camp, so I guess I being born was a way to really proclaim that in her life. By God's grace, even against the UN's decision that hell would freeze over before we escaped the refugee camp, we came to the promised land of New Zealand when I was 4 months old. Apparantly when I was 5 years old, I named myself Jenny. My good friend told me a while ago that the name meant 'pure white.' It is interesting what my name meanings together mean. In a Christian context, I am being purified by God while I am finding my way home to Heaven. On my 18th birthday, the same friend gave me a bracelet with the words 'Bianco Puro Trovando Casa' engraved on it which means Pure White Finding Home in Italian. This is what I want to get tattooed on me one day with an art peice. I am currently saving up for it now.

3. My favourite foods are avacoado, sushi, curry, roast and mexican. I like foods from different cultures and I love trying out new things.

4. You will most likely find me renting foreign and drama films from the video store. My favourite movies that I have seen on DVD are Amelie, Lords of Dogtown, Factory Girl, Two Days in Paris, Coffee and Cigerettes and La Vie En Rose.

5. When I was younger, I watched a lot of TV because I had one in my room. Now I don't have one, I hardly watch TV anymore. I am too impatient to physically sit down through it all. I will watch my favourite show Friends or The 70's Show sometimes though.

6. I subconciously buy a lot of shoes. I recently cleared out my shoedrobe and now I have about 12 pairs of shoes that I actually wear which was a deacrease from an original 25 pairs.

7. I'm addicted to pictures and photography, particulary those on film; music and live gigs which I always try to go to; tea; travel; and being alone.

8. I have a lot of physical scars everywhere on my body because of my ezcema which I have had since I was a baby. I'm stupid to admit it so openly but I often wonder if I can find a man who will love me anyway and if I can enjoy marriage or sex because of it.

9. I think I have mild OCD. When I was younger I cleaned my bedroom to the point of crazyness. I vacuumed it everyday and when someone stepped into my bedroom I would have to vacuum their foosteps up. I would also make sure my bed wasn't messy either, so if someone lied down on it I would tell them to get off and fix it. I am not so obsessive now!

10. I have insomnia, which is a sympton of mild depression. Ever since I was little I remember staying up into the middle of the night when everyone else was asleep. Nowadays, it gets extreme to the point where I can't sleep for 8 hours until I finally fall asleep at 10am. I'm nocturnal for sure.

11. I hate Glee, Twilight and every other stupid obesession mainstream society has. I don't like Rihanna or Eninem or anything like that. I don't really go to the movies, watch TV, read magazines or listen to radio. Besides, every artist says they are different and have anything but generic to offer, but it's not true. Everything has been done.

12. I dislike people, but I am still friendly nonetheless. I like to go out of my way for them, listen to them and care as much as possible. It is a contradiction but I havn't figured why it is like that just yet.

13. My favourite band will always be Underoath because they have helped me through the darkest times of my life and possibly saved it. Their music was there when nothing else was. I dislike their new album though, which surprised me because it seems like every other Underoth fan loves it.

14. I'm a virgin, and I am proud of that.

15. Nothing really ticks me off, but I really dislike cars that don't indicate and having long nails.

16. My dream is to do nothing but travel when I am older. Whenever I see a plane take off in the sky I can't help but think that that passengers are so lucky and which country they are priviledged to land on next. There are so many cultures, food, costume, people and landscapes to see and so little time. My first destination will be either New York or somewhere in France.

17. I havn't had a boyfriend so I haven't been in love with a boy yet. I want the wait to be worth every ache I have had in my heart for one.

18. I have probably two friends who I completely trust, who I completely love and who I would do anything for without any hesitation. One boy and one girl. Both of whom I have only known for a maximum of 2 and a half years.

19. I can't save at all. I love spending money.

20. I like to joke alot, and if I like you and feel comfortable around you I will be playful, but it there is anything I am serious about it is social justice. I try to support and fight for any good causes and I like telling people about it too.

21. I always have crushes on the wrong person. They always end up liking another person or are a straight meanie. I have to say it is probably karma because I remember not being nice to people who liked me either. I have this thing where I get really grossed out when someone likes me and I try to avoid them and show them that as much as possible.

22. Being married and having a family freaks me out. It's something I don't want when I am older at the moment.

23. I dig skaters, Safas, tattooed, hardcore, strong, passionate or respectful guys.

24. I don't like girls very much and hardly talk or get along with any. I hang out with guys more because, unlike girls, they don't cause drama, are funnier and are much more kick-back and spontaneous. They can also protect you. I find that most girls are backstabbers, cause drama and freak out about a lot of little things.

25. I find overly zealous churches a little scary. The whole thing with falling over and screaming in joy is intimidating to me, especially when all you feel like is worshipping God in peace and quiet. I can see why outsiders can get freaked out.

26. My nine year old sister is my closest friend. She is wiser than her years. She inspires me because she is so generous, loving and funny. You can never get her in a foul mood. I am hard to live with and bear sometimes, but she puts up with it with grace. She is the only person I can't live without.

27. I live in black or dark clothing. People say, have fun, wear colour, but that's just me. It will be once in a blue moon event to find me in a bright colour like red or green.

28. My mum is the strongest person I know. She survived refugee camp, had three children and supported them mostly by herself, created a business out of nothing, brings the money and food home, survived personal hardships and put up with my dad. She thinks about her family and relatives before herself always. She is my father and my mother.

29. I hate alcohol but I still drink it.

30. I love zombie movies and any horrors. I used to hate them (which everyone knew) but now I love them and can watch it by myself.

Listen to: Miles Away - Anywhere

No comments:

Post a Comment