Thursday, March 24, 2011

Tired soul.

Last night I went to a gig with Defeater and Miles Away with support from NZ bands The Burial and Leeches. It was a great gig, but today I feel like crap. I can't move fast and I have a headache. The sadness really got me thinking about things. How I miss people that I was once close with and now feel like I'm being left behind. How I hate clubbing and can't see how you can enjoy it unless you were really wasted. How doing what you love does not include in any way money, acceptance or praise. And how money, acceptance or praise does not bring you happiness. How I hate people who live comfortable lives and are really stupidly close-minded, how I hate people who are so judgemental and look down on people for certain things. How lonely life is.

It's times like these where I ask myself what hope means to me.
And it's times like these where I believe I was meant to be alone.

Currently listening to: Defeater - No Kind of Home

4 comments:

  1. Henry Nouwen wrote that loneliness is like the grand canyon, "a deep incision on the surface of our existance which has become an inexhaustible source of beauty and self understanding". it is such a painful thing, and i really dont understand hope either. but i do know that Jesus can make any circumstances beautiful. sometimes it just takes time. zechariah 8:13 in christ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who are you? Thank you for this encouragement. You have made me smile in gratitude and made my night better.
    God is stronger than this loneliness. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. amen indeed! i'm just a friend of sinead, my name is david. thank you for your blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello David =] thank YOU for your interest!

    ReplyDelete