Sunday, March 27, 2011

Your current relationship, if single discuss how single life is.

I'm single, and I would say it has its ups and downs. I have never been in a relationship before on account of not liking someone enough to be in a relationship with them, or the person I like not liking me back in a romantic way.
Having a lot of my friends in relationships have at times made me grateful for not being in one either. I have noticed there are alot of problems, such as jealousy issues, trust issues, having to worry about what the other person thinks about what you are doing and how you dress, communication issues, who you are texting, finding time to be with each other, not having enough space and communication issues. And once you have broken up with someone, the whole list of exs is also a problem like finding ways to avoid them, the awkward silences and of course, the 'hi, how are you?' chats.
But then there's the times I am jealous of people in relationships. I hate being single and seeing cute couple's everywhere. It makes me smile like a dork though. In relationships, you can cuddle in bed and watch movies, kiss whenever, touch, whisper, go on crazy and fun dates, have someone to call yours. I'll admit I feel lonely sometimes not having a boyfriend. I realise that I let that loneliness out doing stupid things with guys, but mostly by being close with my guy mates- I feel very comfortable hugging them for a long time, linking arms with them, holding hands, leaning on them, dancing with them and going on mini-outings and dates with them. They probably don't mind either.
Sometimes when I was lonely I would tell God that I want a man to call mine, and in my heart I hear him whisper that he is coming and to be patient, because love is patient. I've said this before, but I have waited too long now to date a guy who is less than amazing. I really hope my first one is.

Listen to: Texas In July - I Am Yours

No comments:

Post a Comment