Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Wings like eagles.

I don't think I have ever been this tired in my life.

The new job at the cafe at Auckland Airport is somewhere I am proud of working at, but it's harder than I thought it would be. Because the airport is a 24/7 business, the hours at the cafe are crazy. I was told I would have 4am starts and unpredictable hours, but I didn't consider that. Waking up at 1.30am this morning after an uncomfortable two hours sleep and driving to work at 4am is different. It feels weird putting on make-up and getting dressed at such an ungodly hour. I waitressed and did the kitchen work for a straight 7 hours, so when I came home, feet sore and hurting to move a muscle, I fell into my bed and woke up to find it was night time.

A few times I have thought to myself, 'Why did I take this job? I am not happy. I am tired.' But you know, I need the money, and I am grateful to God for providing me one. I remember telling God that if this is the job that he had in mind for me, to let me get it, and I did. I just need to toughen up and draw on his strength daily. Besides, one of the upsides of working at the airport is that there are good-looking foreigners that come to the cafe constantly.

There is no need to complain.

"Do everything without complaining and arguing, so that no one can criticize you. Live clean, innocent lives as children of God, shining like bright lights in a world full of crooked and perverse people."
Philippians 2:14-15


"But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."
Isaiah 40:31

"He blew strength in my backbone."

No comments:

Post a Comment