Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Your views on drugs and alcohol.

I'll be honest, I don't know alot about drugs. I know some drugs can be really bad for you, and I know some aren't so effective. I've seen somewhere that certain drugs can actually be good for you or help you in some way, so I think if it is improving your life somehow to take it all in moderation. Obviously if you do drugs constantly that is going to show and possibly ruin your life. I'm not a regular druggie. In fact, I have hardly ever done it in my life. I have friends who do it occasionally and they're not screwed up because of it (not yet anyway). It opens your mind up in a way. However, if I were to choose one side of the argument, I would say it is not something I condone. I am talking out of head knowledge here, but it seems to mess up people more than help people.
Alcohol is a hard topic to really get a grip of. On one hand if you take it all in moderation it's fine. But I have known cases of people falling into a coma because of heavy drinking and never waking up again. It dehydrates your body and decreases your health. I have had an experience where I drunk too much one night and I started vommitting blood. I had to go to a hospital and take a lot of medication to feel better. There are countless times that I have embarrassed myself, lost dignity and did shaming things because I was on the influence of alcohol. Yet I still do it often. It's hard- I know that it is bad for me and only ends up doing more bad than good, yet I feel dependant on it for me to have a good time and be more sociable and funny. It is something I need to reprogramme in my life: you don't need alcohol to have a good time, to feel better about yourself. It's true, I know it, but that's not what society says is it? Society tells us that drunk is cool, drunk is how you party, drunk is the only way you will have a fun time. But I've seen alcohol kill, ruin families and ruin individuals when abused.
I say drugs and alcohol are not substances I like or endorse. If your puporses to take drugs and drink alcohol is reasonable and sensible, I think all in moderation is okay.

Currently listening to: Band of Horses - Factory

No comments:

Post a Comment