Monday, March 28, 2011

Quotes to inspire.

"Over time we lose track of the things that really bring us happiness and things get so twisted. In the end the majority of society fall in line and follow the guidelines set out to them from their forefathers or those in power. But there’s more to life than being a success in societies eyes, and there’s more important things to worry about in general. Follow your heart, or follow your mind…in the end it’s up to the individual."
Miles Away

"I need you guys to do me a favor, everybody in this room, or almost everybody; you have someone in your heart that’s so fucking close to you, you know, someone on your mind and in your heart that would you fucking die for, that you love so fucking much, now get that person in your head for a second. The sad truth is; you’re going to lose that person one day, that person won’t no longer be around, you know what I’m saying? But you don’t have to be scared of that. Together we can come together, each one of us; brothers, sisters, you know what I’m saying? We can fight for each other. There’s a lot of bullshit going on in this world and believe it or not I love each person in this room as much as I love my own fucking mother, and I don’t even fucking know you. And that is the true essence of love; when you give and you expect nothing in return. We are some kind of hope."
Jesse Barnett - Stick To Your Guns

"Rest assured that with a heart that's pure, we'll be victorious and not let our hate get the best of us."
Stick To Your Guns - This Is More

"It takes more courage to reveal insecurities than to hide them, more strength to relate to people than to dominate them, more ‘manhood’ to abide by thought-out principle rather than blind reflex. Toughness is in the soul and spirit, not muscles and an immature mind."
Unknown

"Our greatest fear as individuals and as a church should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don’t really matter."
Tim Kizziar in “Crazy Love” by Francis Chan

"So here's my advice: Hold on to whatever keeps you warm inside."
Unknown


“We could all sit here and call people names and hate people for the way they dress or the music they like, or just the things that they think are cool. But that doesn’t make us any better.”
Frank Iero

“I like to say that the line “I’m not sad anymore” is less of a victory speech and more of a battle cry. It’s not me actually proclaiming that, but more of a goal that I had in mind and that I’m working towards everyday. Really, I found that a lot of the times when I would get down it was very easy to stay that way and very easy to say, “Okay, I’m depressed and that’s whatever. I fucking hate it.” But then I came to realize that it’s really never as bad as it seems and that the problems I was having, the things that were bumming me out were really very minute issues. And while they do suck, and of course you’re going to react to them negatively, staying mad about them is really futile and doesn’t make any progress and doesn’t help anything. A lot of people have it a lot worse. I’m not saying don’t be upset about your life when it’s upsetting, but you know, try to put it in context is kind of the point of the record.”
The Wonder Years - Soupy Campbell

Listen to: The Wonder Years - My Last Semester

No comments:

Post a Comment